Old August 11th 06, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Different "from" address

Chuck Davis wrote: I'm certainly not going to help anyone disguise the
identity of the sender. I already receive over 50 of these a day. When
you mail letters in the Postal Service, do you put someone elses name
and address in the return address part of the envelope?

Chuck, your postal service analogy is a poor one. I DO WANT my
DESIGNATED address to display as the sender. I do NOT want the message
to be cluttered with whichever of my several e-mail accounts I happened
to choose to send the e-mail from. My problem is that some of my
clients can't receive e-mail from my preferred e-mail account. (I have
no problem receiving their e-mails). I have no idea why and neither I
nor my clients have the expertise to diagnose the problem. So I use
another email account that hopefully my client can receive email from.
But I don't want the e-mail message cluttered up with various email
accounts. Hence my original question. Alas there is nothing sinister
involved.

If you are insinuating I want to send spam, then I would definitely be
the most inept spammer on the net. I wouldn't have a clue. If you did
not want to help, then silence rather than making an assumption would
have been a better choice for you. You know what happens when you make
assumptions......

Believe me, having to fool around with this is a pain. If my e-mail
account of choice would work properly then I would celebrate.
Eventually, I guess I will switch e-mail providers which means I'll
have to switch domains, I don't own the domain.

Finally, thanks to the others who provided some insight. I'll try the
profile idea.

Chuck Davis wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
I have setup several oop3 accounts in Outlook 2003. I always want the
same e-mail address to display in the "From" section of the sent
e-mail. I have configured each account to display this same e-mail
address in the From section (which also happens to be a POP3 account).

Problem:

I notice that while the email I am sending does contain "Please Reply
To:" and uses the correct e-mail address it ALSO displays the e-mail
account that the message was actually sent from.

Ex: "Please respond to: "

is the actual account I sent the email from.
is the account I want displayed on the message.

Is there any way I can strip out the actual e-mail account the message
was sent from?