Old August 7th 06, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Norman Litell

Default Failure of Rules Processing -- 2

Bob,

I haven’t tried what you suggested, as it misses the basic point of my
problem.

Most of my spam contains a specific and limited set of email addresses in
either the TO: or CC: fields of the message. Nearly all of these are of the
form .

I clearly cannot block all email from standard email domains such as
earthlink, yahoo, hotmail, etc…, so your domain-level example does not
address my problem.

To repeat my issue and example once again:

1.. Please look at my post of 8/3/06 at 5:50pm to see an example of the
rule which has approx 50 email addresses in it.

2.. If I get an email with
as the ONE and ONLY
addressee, the rule works and the email is deleted.
Similarly, if I get an email with
as the ONE
and ONLY addressee, the rule works and the email is deleted.

3.. If I get an email with BOTH
AND
as addressees (again, both names are in my single
multi-address rule), the rule fails.

The only way I can see to make the rules system work for example 3 is to
have two separate rules, each of which has only one entry – either ronk124
or Yered. That leads to a situation where I would need to create hundreds
of rules instead of just one or two large rules which ‘or’ the bad
addresses.

Norman

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Norman Litell" wrote

1. I get lots of spam.
2. From what I can see going through each of these spam messages, MOST

OF
this spam includes a limited set of addressees in either the TO: or CC:
part
of the email.
3. I have never received a relevant email which included any one of

this
set of spam-associated email addressees in either the TO: or CC: address
list.
4. I therefore want to Delete any and all emails which include at least
one
of these spam-associated addressees in either the TO: or CC: list of
addressees.

I just created a mail rule that says:

/begin rule
Where CC line contains
@spamcop.net
@... [more domains]

Delete it and stop processing more rules.
/end rule

It seems to work.

--
Bob