Old July 31st 06, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tibelian

Default Outlook 2007 Beta Catastrophic Failure

Hi all,

I have bee having problems with my Outlook 2007 Beta failing to start open -
running WinXP Home with 1.25Gigs Ram. All other Office 2007 components work
OK.

The flash screen comes on - the outline of Outlook itself comes on and then
everything just disappears. Outlook continues to be seen in the system tray
on the bottom right - but as soon as I hover over it - it disappears. If I
click Outlook again - the option to launch Safe Mode comes up. When I say
yes - the same thing happens - flash screen -- blue outline for Outlook --
and Poof! The third time I click - an option for "detect and repair" mode
comes up.

This began after I installed Outlook Connector for Office Live Email. But
everything just crashed.

Removal and re-installation after reboot did NOT help. After re-installation
a popup with Failed to launch mscon.dll comes up. After installing Outlook
Connector - the popup goes away, but Outlook 2007 continues to crash every
time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tibelian