Old July 23rd 06, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Geo.

Default Removing reply/forward indicator

Jim, I believe, James is referring to the unread and read envelope icons
alongside each message in the list of received messages. As you know, when a
message is replied to or forwarded the open envelope icon is replaced by one
which has a colored arrow partially overlaying the envelope, the color and
arrow direction denoting whether the message was replied to or forwarded.

I know of no way of easily changing those icons and can't conceive of any
reason why one would want to do so. Tim K's suggestion would, as he says,
achieve the desired end but hey! life's too short... 8^)

Geo.

Within Outlook Express, you can use the menu choice, Tools/Options/Send
and click the Plain Text button and uncheck the box at the bottom to
insert an indent [] when replying to a message.
--
Jim Pickering

Hi James,

I don't know of an OE option that would accomplish the task. One way to
achieve the desired end would be to save (Save As) each message with the
undesired icon in a Windows folder, delete the corresponding message(s)
in
the Inbox, then drag the saved message(s) back into the OE Inbox (or
other
folder).

--
Tim K.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the reply or forward indictator from
piece of mail? (I'm referring to the little arrow that OE adds to the
mail
icon in the list of pieces of mail in my Inbox when I reply to or forward
letter.)

Thanks!

James