Old July 16th 06, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Delete Button grayed out.........

You're welcome, and your headers now make sense:

Guess you've been busy.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"§hirley" wrote in message
My Dear Bruce;
I can't thank you enough, your suggestion to check windows updates
corrected
my problem. To explain, last night my pc crashed.
A problem with my printer had me deleting what I thought to be a printer
file, instead, and when I went to reboot, I was brought to my
knees.......I
could no longer boot back up..........I had to reboot from my Windows cd,
then choose to install on the same partition. Thank goodness, I was able
see all my files and folders, but there was no sign of the original
operating system.

I was able then to back up stragglers files and folders to my external
hard
drive.............then set to work finding how to uninstall the second
Windows operating system. The windowsxp.general newsgroup was able to help
me here, so I was back up and running in no time with the exception of the
problem I posted here, which, thanks to your time and effort, has been
solved. My deepest gratitude and sincerest thanks.
Shirley

I'm a little confused looking at your message headers:

In Help | about: scroll down to msoe.dll. If the number there is
6.00.2900.2869 that's good. If not, get to Windows Updates ASAP.

If all is well there the problem may be a damaged identity especially if
it
is the default Main Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a
new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the
old identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"§hirley" wrote in message
Hello;
I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Only when I click on a message in OE Newsgroups, does the Delete button
gray
out. Any help to correct this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Shirley