Old March 6th 06, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive

Same problem here. Did you find a solution?

Douglas Hay wrote:
I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The
Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and
complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there
was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also
uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings
and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email
and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook
Express works fine.

So I can send email, but cannot receive it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Doug