Old May 26th 06, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default how do I remove duplicate Personal Folders in the navigation pane

Actually, Bill is right, and therein lies the problem. Starting with Outlook
2003 (and continuing with Outlook 2007), creating a new Outlook profile with
a non-Exchange transport does indeed create a new PST file and sets it as
the default. That fact is the reason we have has this epidemic of duplicate
PST files as users fail to rid themselves of this default PST and migrate to
another PST and set it as the default correctly.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
BillR [MVP] wrote:

Try a new profile created via the Mail icon in Control Panel then
open your old PST and copy the items to the new one.

Creating a new mail profile doesn't automatically create a new PST,
although it appears you believe it does. There will be no "new" and "old"
PSTs for the OP to copy between. There will be just the original PST
which they can use in the new profile.
--
Brian Tillman