Old March 2nd 06, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Sent Attachment Without File Extension

Gerald Boutin wrote:

I am trying to send a file that does not have an extension to a
recipient. Is this possible with Outlook?

The recipient typically receives the attachment renamed to
attachment.dat. I've tried turning off the "Always send messages in
Microsoft Exchange rich test format". Now, the recipient's client
software typically saves the file as attachment.txt.

It may be the recipient's mail client adding the file extension, but I can't
imagine why, when they save it, they can't save it without an extention. I
should think all they'd have to do it erase the ".dat" or ".txt".
--
Brian Tillman