Old May 25th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
fred S

Default Outlook 2007 Public Beta 2 - 0x80040102 Error on Send/Receive

I also was having issues on sending mail from Office 2007. But the Office
help helped in eliminating this issue. Under tools- account settings, -then
highlight the account to change-click change-click more settings. From there,
select out going server, now experiment with each option,test it with , test
-Test Account Settings. I had to select the last one for the sending of
email...but all works well now. Hope this saves some people some grief...

fred S

"n1ckn4m3" wrote:

I'm running Outlook's 2007 Public Beta 2 and am now having problems that I
was NOT having with the Closed Beta - Neither Beta 1 nor Technical Refresh 1
had this problem.

I receive my mail through an Exchange server locally, I'm not using VPN, I'm
not tunneling in anywhere, I'm physically attached to the exact same network
as my E-mail server is.

Outlook2007 refuses to Send/Receive. Instead, when I try, I get the
following message:
"Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving' reported error (0x80040102) :
'The requested operation cannot be performed on this account'

I have deleted the account locally and re-created it, I have uninstalled
Outlook 2007 Beta 2 and reinstalled it, and yet nothing seems to work. All
other users connecting to this server (Using Outlook 2003) have no problems.
If I remove my network cable and test, I still receive the same error --
leading me to believe it is a problem locally.

Any ideas on how to get this resolved? I'd like to continue using Beta 2,
but I will have to go back to TR1 if this cannot be resolved.