Old May 14th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Unable to open the Address Book....

Error message when you open the Windows Address Book or you open Outlook
Express after you install cumulative security update 911567 (MS06-016):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917288/en-us

And:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#14
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Ismael" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I'm using WinXP Pro, OE 6 and I'm getting the following error message:

"Unable to open the Address Book. The Address Book may not be installed
properly."

If I try to open the Address Book the *.wab file in Explore I get the
following message then an error message:

"Address Book is currently not your default vCard viewer. Would you like
to bake it you default vCard viewer?"

I click on "No" and then get the following error message:

"The address book file appears to be corrupt and could not be opened."

It appears that the above error message started to appear after I recently
did some windows updates that was recommended on the Microsoft windows
update website.

Does anyone know the fix for the above problem?

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael