Old April 17th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Can't send mail from some web pages with OE6

Try this first.

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Jill" wrote in message
On some web sites, when it says "E-mail this page", "E-mail to a friend",
"Send us mail", etc., etc., if a form doesn't come up to put infomation in
(i.e., to and from E-mail addresses/names), then an error message pops up
on
the page that says:
"Could not perform this operation. The default mail client is not
properly
installed."
After you receive this message, IE seems to hang for a few seconds, and
then
it opens up approximately 50 windows (the maximum amount of windows it can
open up, I assume), all having the "This page could not display" error on
them. I'd love to fix this annoying problem. It's been happening for
quite
some time now, probably more than a year. My software came preinstalled
on
my computer, so if I do have to reinstall OE6, how would I go about doing
that? Thanks, Jill