Old September 18th 14, 08:49 PM
Rob54 Rob54 is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook Express losing emails.

Hello All,

I was in the process of deleting unwanted emails and transferring others into the requisite folders when Outlook Express started getting shirty, it does so sometimes. It kept telling me that it could not move the groups of emails so I resorted to moving them one at a time. It then objected to this and also eventually it stopped displaying the contents of the selected email, a common occurrence. Whenever it has stopped displaying email contents I have resorted to closing and re-opening Outlook Express and it then it has a "Eureka!" moment and displays the previously unavailable contents.

However, on this occasion, it has managed to lose over six weeks of emails, the latest one displayed is dated for 06/08/2014. Also it is not listing/displaying any emails that are downloading, it has "supposedly" down-loaded over a dozen but they do not appear in the Inbox, although the number denoting the quantity of unread emails in the Inbox clocks-up appropriately as the emails download.

Has anyone else had this problem because it is new in my experience. If someone can help resolve this and enable me to regain my emails I would be most grateful.

All the Best,

Rob54.