Old September 18th 14, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default not enough space (4GB) to compact Indox?

I have more than 4 GB empty space on my C drive, and I just deleted a bunch
of large size emails in my Inbox. When I try to compact the Inbox I get the
error message that the Inbox can't be cleaned up because there isn't enough
disk space. This is a real problem, I don't know how much disk space is
required or how I will come up with it.

Is there a solution to this problem, an alternate way to really delete the
emails I already deleted? Are they parked somewhere under a different name?
I'd appreciate some help...

John