Old March 19th 13, 09:52 PM
ftngrave ftngrave is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook upgrade does/doesn’t upgrade your @hotmail.com address to @outlook.com addr.?

I have had a hotmail account for years that was recently upgraded to the outlook user interface. I thought my existing hotmail account, whatever @hotmail.com, would now also work as whatever @outlook.com. (that this upgrade happened when the user interface upgrade happened). But I emailed myself @outlook.com and I got back a delivery notification failure.

Basically I want to start using an @outlook.com address but want it with all my old emails and info from my "old" hotmail account. Is this not possible? Can one only create a new @outlook.com address and start using it? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited by ftngrave : March 20th 13 at 01:57 AM.