Old February 8th 12, 04:33 PM
hk106 hk106 is offline
Junior Member

Default Can't open certain PDF attachments in Outlook

This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following
previewer:

PDF Preview Handler.

To open this file in its own program, double-click it.

I'm using Outlook for Office 2010, and I have Adobe Reader X and eCopy PDF Pro Office installed. Windows 7 is the operating system. For some reason, most PDF attachments are working fine, but a couple of others are not. Any ideas on what might be happening here?

A little more information on this:

1) When I try double-clicking the PDF attachment, I get this pop-up: "Cannot create file." Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for that folder."

2) When I right-click and "Save As" to save it to a directory, I get this pop-up: "Cannot save the attachment. Cannot create file. Right-click the folder... [same as above]".

3) This problem only started to happen a couple of weeks ago. I was able to download these files without a problem before then. I don't believe there are any new add-ins installed.

Thank you.