Old November 13th 10, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Meat Plow

Default Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:40:16 -0700, richard wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:14:12 -0800, Jordon wrote:

richard wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS
killed its NGs.

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE
engine to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the
display window for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the
View messages in plain text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like
window to display the text and eliminates the IE window. That change
was made in XP SP2 for "security" purposes.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for. One person said that IE
physically opened and the message displayed in IE. I tried to explain
that OE renders the message within itself.

Actually, this is what you said...

For the last ****ing time, OE DOES NOT use IE!

You just thanked that guy for telling you that OE uses IE to render
messages in OE, something that a dozen other people already told you.

No dumbass, he said they use the same components.

You're wrong. Move along.