Old July 8th 10, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Rainald Taesler

Default How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

Thanks for clarifying, Steve!

Indeed I hardly ever used HTML under OE.
In Newsgroups HTML it used to be strictly forbidden.
And as far as mail is concerned I only used it on rare occacions (like
birthday greetings).
The same now in WinMail and even in Outlook.

And I'm really glad that the great "Community Forms NNTP bridge" by J.
Kalmbach comes with a fine text converter ;-)

Thanks again
Rainald
P.S. On occasions I used the following signature bg:
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /

Steve Cochran wrote:
Its used to modify the HTML source of messages prior to sending the
message. There is also a Preview window that lets the HTML code be
previewed prior to sending. Many, such as yourself, don't use or
even know about it, but many others rely on it daily.

steve

"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message
FromTheRafters wrote:
"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

It might pretty well be that I might be missing something.
But - honestly speaking - which advantages would OE under XP-mode
have over WinMail?

I would miss the 'source edit' function.

Sorry, don't remember what this was :-(
As I made the final move in Vista as soon as it was first availalable
over here in Germany (after having been working with the Beta
already) it's simply too long ago that I last used OE :-(

What was that feature used for?

Rainald