Old February 1st 10, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default managed to screw up the posts

While in a newsgroup: View | Current View. Make sure Show All Messages and
Group Messages By Conversation are checked.

Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. Then, right
click on the newsgroup in the Folder Tree | Properties | Local File |
Reset. Switch to another folder and then back and all available messages
will be downloaded again.

Or go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Clean Up Now and choose the
group, or server at the top and then Reset.

It would be a good idea to compact your folders when you're done.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything
until the compacting is completed.

My personal preference is to disregard synchronizing and rather have OE
check for news when it checks for mail. Tools | Accounts | News. Check: "
Include this account...........".
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jack B" wrote in message

Via Outlook Express 6, somehow I managed to screw up the posts in a
different news group so that now I see nothing in that subject after
1/30/2010 7:32pm EST -- do you know how I can recapture those posts?

Jack