Old November 12th 09, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Default Seeing a thread from non-thread mode

If I have Show all messages checked, then it doesn't get lost as you
describe.

steve

"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
Steve Cochran typed on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:22:44 -0500:
If you have the message highlighted prior to switching the views,
then it should work okay. If its not highlighted (selected) though,
it will get lost and you will have to page to find the thread.

steve

That works for me if I find the original post first (sort by subject to
find it) and then go to "Group Messages By Conversation". Then I can see
them all. But if I highlight one of the newer posts in a thread then
"Group Messages By Conversation", it sometimes disappears from view. Does
this happen to you too?

You know I just thought about something. When the highlighted one
disappears, it might only happen when the subject line is changed. As I am
not sure now.

"BillW50" wrote in message
Steve Cochran wrote on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:27:36 -0500:
You need View | Current View | Show all messages and then with the
message highlighted, you can then go to Group messages by
conversation and expand the thread as well. OETool
(www.oehelp.com/OETool/) has buttons to do this that make it rather
easy. steve

That is how I do it Steve, although with the ALT-V-V-G toggle.
Although unless you are on the original post, it often disappears
from view after the toggle.

Although I tried it your way and it appears to be working. Does it
always work? It should act just like the ALT-V-V-G toggle, wouldn't
you think?
"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
VanguardLH typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:10:53 -0600:
BillW50 wrote:

I would like to read the whole thread first to make sure somebody
didn't already say what I wanted to add.
Group Messages by Conversation view
I seem to recall that used to work. But nowadays (with a half of
dozen of computers) this doesn't do it anymore. As toggling with
ALT-V-V-G the post disappears and something else is selected. And
finding the thread is different.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

--