Old October 21st 09, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

Default subscribing

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:09:30 +0100, Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

"N. Miller" wrote in message

[...]

I usually do one of two things, by way of a test post. Either use a test
newsgroup, or post a reply to an existing article which would be sensible
in the context of the thread, yet expendable, in case the post failed.

The OP's article was neither; and confusing, as well. As if the poster was
seeking assistance, rather than posting a test.

I suppose so. I sent messages headed "test" so it was obvious I was not
asking a question... but so many people are not 'IT aware'..

You, too, have been in the 'business' too long to remember how it is for
most people. (more violins somewhere)

??? I have never been in the IT 'business'. Closest I got was as a hardware
technician for Hewlett Packard. I did not even learn about TCP/IP until my
last couple of years.

I have been "lurking" long enough to have learned the rule, and avoided a
pitfall: "Lurk before you leap".

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come