Old August 27th 09, 07:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default cannot access MSnews.microsoft.com

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Zuke wrote:
Hi,
I have not been able to access msnews.microsoft.com. I get an error: A
tcp/IP error has occurred while trying to connect to the server. I'm using
Outlook Express 6.0.

If I set it up with secure logon I get this
Details:
Account: msnews.microsoft.com
Server: msnews.microsoft.com
User name:
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 563
Secure(SSL): 1
Code: 800ccc15

Without secure logon I get the sam except
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800ccc13

Any help at all? I have not been able to find anything using search tools.

Best Regards,
Zuke