Old April 27th 09, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

Default Losing subscriptions

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message ...
"Michael Santovec" wrote in message
Due to screw ups on the news server, the server may temporarily report
that some (or all) newsgroups no longer exist. When that happens OE
will remove the subscriptions.

Can we tell OE to not do such checking?

Yes. I gave you the option to uncheck. Then the only time OE will
do a LIST command is when you press F5 in the subscription pane.

I suppose you might also have to forgo using Synchronize All or
Synchronize Account and only try entering your newsgroups one
at a time. If you did that and your server was in a cleanup state
you would only lose at most that one newsgroup. In fact, I'm not
certain that OE would actually try to delete the newsgroup you
would have open in that case. You would have to try it and report
how it really works. ; )

Good luck

Robert
---