Old March 20th 09, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

Default Compact All Folders - automated setting far less than 100

"AnnaMarie" wrote in message ...
Hi ya, Robear! )

Is Windows (Desktop) Search installed and did the behavior start after
you'd installed WinXP SP3 (if SP3 is, in fact, installed on the machine in
question)?

No, no. I refuse to install SP3.

I am running SP2, updated thru 18 MAR 09.

In a given 7-day period, how often do you open & close OE? How about in a
typical 3- or 4-day period?

Hmmm . . . I'd say around 5X per day . . . therefore, around 35 times a
week.

If the count is changing that much you could Run... RegMon
filtering on *compact* to see all the accesses for
that value and thus identify which program(s) are
doing it and when.

Note: I am suggesting RegMon specifically instead of
ProcMon because I think it would be easier to use for
this particular application. Both are available from TechNet.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

How many messages are in your Inbox folder? Do you make sure Sent Items
and Deleted Items folders are empty *before* compacting all folders
manually?

ZERO. ALWAYS!!!

AnnaMarie