Old June 21st 10, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bickford Shmeckler

Default Outlook Express Not Responding

Outlook has nothing to do with Outlook Express.

"Platinum Endless Events"
wrote in message ...
: My Outlook is not responding at all. I click on the icon and nothing. It
was
: working yesterday and I am not sure what is going on. I have noticed over
the
: past few days, I see a pop up of the log in box appears first. I closed
the
: window and it works fine but today nothing is taking place.....any
: suggestions? This is a business email so I need immediate access to it.
:
: "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
:
: Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
: corrupted. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and
move
: your mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user
created
: folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.
:
: After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
: working *offline* and do it often.
:
: Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no
: folders are open. Then: FileWork Offline (or double click Working
Online in
: the Status Bar). FileFolderCompact all folders. Don't touch anything
until
: the compacting is completed.
:
: In ToolsOptionsMaintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
: leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.
:
: And see this:
: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/performance.htm
: --
: Bruce Hagen
: MS MVP - Outlook Express
: ~IB-CA~
:
: "Foxhole" wrote in message
: ...
: Have a problem with my computer...............After about 5 cold
boots, I
: click on outlook express it is slow in coming up and when it does
there is
: no
: window for the dial up in order to get into my mail from the
: provider..When I
: click on any part of the outlook express window I get a temporary
freeze
: up
: and a little later a window shows that outlook express is not
responding.
: The
: only fix that I have found is to use the system restore to a date when
: outlook express was working. After about 5 cold boots the same thing
: happens
: again. Any ideas anyone.
:
: Foxhole