Old May 12th 10, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bob Lucas[_2_]

Default Security Update for Outlook Express released 11 May 2010

There is a very easy way to prevent it from asking repeatedly for
a re-start. Restart your computer !!

However, this month's Critical Updates has raised an interesting
issue. The package included the Windows Malicious Software
Removal Tool - May 2010 (KB890830) and the Security Update for
Windows XP (KB978542). There were no other items.

I have two Win XP (SP3) computers (a desktop and a laptop). I
allowed Windows Update to download and install both items. The
laptop prompted for a restart. The desktop computer did not. I
wonder why.

"spamlet" wrote in message
Cheers:

Now all I need is a way to stop it telling me I need to restart
my computer every 5 minutes!
;-)

"Richard in AZ" wrote in message
It was part of the last automatic windows update package

"spamlet" wrote in message
And is this in with our automatic updates or do we have to
get it ourselves?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
[crossposted to OE General & OE6 newsgroups as an FYI]

MS10-030: Vulnerability in Outlook Express...could allow
remote code execution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542