Old April 5th 10, 02:36 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default NEED HELP SOON: Win7 Files & Settings Transfer Wiz & Office Outlook PST Mailboxes

The problem Russ and I refer to is when the folder is checked as an address
book but the email addresses aren't "resolved" as electronic addresses so
the imported contacts won't show in the address book while new contacts do
show. Its not the most common problem with importing, but it does happen
enough that we get asked about it a few times each month.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Leythos" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...
9. Link between Contacts and the address book view, which cannot be
re-established until a new profile is created and the data migrated
properly.

Never seen or tried this, switching VIEW modes in contacts shows all
contacts in the different views.

When you hit To while composing mail, imported contacts may not be
listed.

The only time I've seen this is when a customer has multiple contact
folders and has not selected "show in address" (or the option by another
name). Would it be any different if it was a PST file, opened and then
dragged/dropped below the contacts folder?

Trust yourself.
(remove 999 for proper email address)