Old April 3rd 10, 03:18 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Leythos

Default NEED HELP SOON: Win7 Files & Settings Transfer Wiz & Office Outlook PST Mailboxes

In article ,
says...

As I said, your opinion has been duly noted. Your reply certainly explains
why you are confused and more than a little behind the times:
1. In fact, rules do transfer with the PST file. Exporting Rules separately
is no longer necessary.

Then why did you bring it up, and I thought we were covering all
versions from 97 forward...

2. Date modified is the relevant field for emails. It is changed by
importing.

I can't recall looking at anything other than READ status, UNREAD status
and the date/time it showed up in my inbox, and that date/time is
imported fine in outlook from outlook.

3. Since you don't know what Activities are, they are links to other Outlook
Items for any given Contact Record within an information store. They are
broken when you export and import.

Great to know - how many people, as a %, do you think this impacts?

4. Appointments are imported, but they lose their connection to the Calendar
view when you import a PST file.

5. You appear to have no idea what the Outlook Address Book is. It is
not just another of the standard views of the Contacts Folder. It is a
separate MAPI view of electronic addresses pulled from the Contacts
Folder. Users rely upon it heavily when sending messages. It is
irreparably broken when you import a PST file.

Strange, other than the nicknames auto populate, I've not seen a problem
with typing a recipients name and clicking SEND or Check Names and
having it work just fine - seems to search the contacts just fine.

I've wasted far more time in this reply than I have available. Believe
whatever you want. Just don't lead other users astray.Let the end users
decide for themselves what they want to do. Thank you for contributing your
opinion to the discussion.

You didn't need to think this was a snit or something, but the things
you've mentioned don't seem to be a major factor for most people, at
least not the ones I deal with across 80 companies.

Trust yourself.
(remove 999 for proper email address)