Old March 30th 10, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

Default Multiple email accounts Outlook 2007

Which mail account type are you using?

I thought that both accounts would use the same outgoing mail server; just
different incoming servers.

What makes you think that?
Are you actually using 2 different accounts or just a single one with
additional addresses assigned to it?
Note that if you are going to specify a SMTP server from a different domain,
you'll have to enable and configure authentication for it.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/36

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi all,
I set up two email accounts in Outlook 2007. Clicking the Send/Receive
button successfully downloads email from both accounts. I can only send
email
from the default account, however. If I try to send from the second
account
I'm prompted for username/password and even though the boxes by default
have
the same smtp info as my primary account it just keeps popping up the box
prompting me for username/password -- even if I hit cancel.

I thought that both accounts would use the same outgoing mail server; just
different incoming servers. I would like email sent from the second
account
to have this second account's email address that recipients would respond
to.
What am I missing?

Thank you,
Mark