Old February 4th 10, 09:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Mohan...

Default How do I copy fiies to a cd?

On 2/3/2010 2:32 AM, alan.holmes wrote:
Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere other
than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?

I have tried but they don't seem to finish on the cd.

Alan

Though CD burning appears simple, a few things to take care of (assuming
you already have CD writing software):
- Do it while working offline
- Turn off Anti-virus (interferes with writing, possibly the cause in
your case)
- Since a memory-intensive process, close all other programs
- Running Disk defrag prior to burning also helps in faster writing
- Set to Verify Data after writing
- Provide a disk label than a too generic "My Disc" to identify contents

You can also consider uploading (individual files or zipped) to, for
example, Skydrive if you have a Live a/c as a standby (with 25GB space
allotted). Some ISPs provide a similar limited storage (Briefcase) for
the mail account.

Mohan...