Old December 1st 09, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

Default Import contatcts from Excel - select file - next grayed out

#1 - Make sure all your import/export translators are installed
- re-run your setup - ad/remove options - verify that
everything is installed or add it if not
#2 - If eveyrthing is - then do a detect 'n repair from Outlook

Is this only occuring on Excel or every file type listed in the browse
window? You can save your worksheet as a CSV file and try to
import that instead.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"John L" wrote in message
WinXP Pro SP3
Outlook 2003 (Exchange client)
Excel 2003 XLS (in My Documents)

I am following the process to import an excel spreadsheet of contact info
into outlook 2003.

I select the 97-2003 version XLS in browse but the next button stays gray.

How can I get the contact info iported from excel.

When I first tried the process, it loaded office translator option first.
I even re-booted to see if that would work.

THX

--

John Lenz