Old September 10th 09, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default Excel 2007 startup

there might be a keystroke too. (Shift+ click bypasses macros, Ctrl+ is safe
mode - those are the only ones I remember.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"F.H. Muffman" wrote in message
.com...
How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous
versions one could start the excel program without opening the
blank
default
workbook, but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007?
Well I've been using Excel since Office 95 and I've never seen or
used
that "feature".
Might be an idea to ask in an EXCEL group rather than Outlook?
Command line option /e (I was curious and couldn't resist trying to
see how to do it).

No wonder I never used it - or needed it!

I'm torn by whether I'd want to use it or not. I think it's one of those
settings where I'd be happy I had it enabled the same amount that I'd be
irked by it.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP