Old September 1st 09, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Default Importing a calendar item from other sites

Thank you, Diane

I'm not sure about the BST issue; I am based in Ireland which uses GMT as
its zone. The Windows XP time and date that is displayed is absolutely
correct.
It would appear, from the data I extracted, that it is aytmy PC end that the
problem arises i.e. the import action makes a 1 hour change when dropping to
my PC.
Is there somewhere I can check around my settings to see what may be going on?
Presumably, this really is not an Outlook issue??

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

Are you in an area that honors BST? I get a few reports during the summer
that its use of GMT initials for BST is confusing - my guess is its related
to DST settings on one of the computers. (Don't blame Outlook - it gets the
zone identifiers from Windows.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"CliveDarling" wrote in message
Brian / Diane,
Thank you.
The calendar item was created on a webpage with an .ie address in the GMT
zone. The export (VCS) was created and dropped also to an email address
(mine) at .ie also in the GMT zone.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

what time zone was it created in?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"CliveDarling" wrote in message
Thanks Brian,

Yes, they are exactly what I wanted. This is the output

"DTSTART:20090907T200000Z
DTEND:20090907T213000Z"

The meeting was an 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm gathering. However, when inported
my Outlook it adds the 1 hour exactly to bring it to 9 to 10.30??

I'm stumped!

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"CliveDarling" wrote in
message

I notice that when I import a calendar item from a webpage or other
source (a
VCS file), my Outlook ALWAYS advances both start and end times by 1
hour.
Now, I am sure that has something to do with summertime saving but I
can't
figure our how to resolve it.
All help gratefully received.

Open the VCS file with Notepad and examine the time values. Are they
what you
expect?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]