Old April 5th 06, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Default shimmering/vibrating circle selecting identity

Look in Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs for a program called "Motive Smart
Bridge"and uninstall it. It's put on your computer by some ISPs to assist
them with connection difficulties and often causes the problem you're
having. It's not really needed, except by an ISP, and they have other
diagnostic tools that work better. Just kill the program and be done with
it.

If you can't find it, then post back.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"John L" wrote in message
Mac: I don't have a wireless mouse or network (yet). I have a cell phone,
moved it and still problem. This problem is about 3 or 4 months old but
have the same pc for 4 years (time for a change). Thanks for your input -
John L.
" mac" wrote in message

"John L" wrote in message
(This is a transfer of problem email from
Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlooke xpress newsgroup to
Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress newsgroup)

Greetings: Hopefully I can express this strange problem I have
attempting to
change, modify or access an OE 6 identity. I have set up an identity for
my
grand daughter to teach her email and OE. When attempting to select an
identity to switch to I receive a "shimmering"/vibrating circle 2 inches
in
diameter around the mouse pointer.. The mouse arrow will point to
another
identity (of a list of 5) and when I reselect the identity I want it
will
point to another identity. This occurs for about 15 seconds and then
stops
where I can select the identity I want. I suspect a prank virus but ...
use OE 6, Windows XP with all critical updates, MS malware and have
current
virus protection. Thanks for your forthcoming assistance. John L.

Are you using a wireless mouse on a laptop? Press the Ctrl key, do you
see the circle around the mouse?
Do you have other wireless devices nearby such as phones, or a microwave
etc, if so move them.