Old August 12th 09, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
dblu

Default Troubles with Outlook after Windows Update

I concur! Thanks Slipstick. Worked great, after I read that i have to thrown
in a space there.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:

I received the error message "Invalid XML The view cannot be loaded" just
yesterday. System restore would not run and internet provider claimed my
Outlook 2007 (running on XP) was corrupted. Not so. Thanks to Slipstick's
post, I tried Start, Run and "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" and that fixed the
problem immediately. What a relief! Just be sure to insert that space after
".exe" and before "/" or it won't run.

Thanks for the helpful post, Slipstick.

"SC74" wrote:

Hi! My Outlook won't work after an automatic Windows Update happened this
morning...I get a message saying "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
Cannot open the Outlook window.". I'm using Windows Vista and Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007.

I have tried the repair option on the install disks but it hasn't helped at
all. I'm also worried about loosing all of my contacts & calendar
information - is there a way of backing it up before anything happens to it?

Please HELP!!!!!