Old August 10th 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli

Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 allow you to schedule OOF in advance but only for
one OOF period at a time (which may or may not include multiple
appointments). When you come back into the office you can set up the next.
They are not tied to the calendar or appointments - you need to remember to
set it.

older versions do not allow you to set up OOF ahead of time - you are either
in or out and need to set OOF up when you leave.
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"voxstealth" wrote in message
I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone
know
of a not so standard way?
The scenario:
I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook
switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration.
Solution:
?
Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment,
probably
at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get
reminder for the meeting.
Am I asking too much