Old July 6th 09, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nycerbarb

Default Reinstall Outlook 2007 following hard drive crash

Hi DL =

thank you again for all your suggestions. before uninstalling anything I
decided to check with my ISP one more time. It turns out the outgoing port
setting was incorrect. That fixed the problem.

Nycerbarb

"DL" wrote:

Uninstall Norton, maybe also use the tool on Norton site to completely
remove, reboot, retest
Presumably the connection type is correctly set in Internet Options
And Outlook isnt set 'offline' (File Menu)

"Nycerbarb" wrote in message
DL thank you for your response.

The new drive came with Windows already installed. All I had to do was
connect it, and then set up my user.

Both IE and Firefox work fine.

Nycerbarb

"DL" wrote:

When you reinstalled win, did you also use the drivers disk supplied by
dell?
Does IE function / connect?

"Nycerbarb" wrote in message
We had a sudden hard drive failure last week in a 4 mo. old Dell still
under
warranty. Dell sent a new drive.

I have reinstalled Outlook 2007 on the new drive, but I am unable to
establish an email connection. I have checked and rechecked the user
ID,
password and server names. I have tried to connect with the Norton 360
firewall turned off. No success.

My license is a single use copy. I am wondering, if Outlook won't
connect
because it has been installed on a new hard drive with a different
serial
number. If so, how do I get microsoft to allow it? If not, what else
can
try to get my email connection working? Could it be a firewall issue?

This machine is running Vista Business.

I have a 2nd question. I am still able to read many files on the old
hard
drive. Is there anyway I can get my outlook settings from the old
drive
and
install them on the new? or do I just have to set everything up again
from
scratch? I am not talking about the pst. I was able to recover it.

Thanks for any help.