Old July 3rd 09, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nycerbarb

Default Reinstall Outlook 2007 following hard drive crash

We had a sudden hard drive failure last week in a 4 mo. old Dell still under
warranty. Dell sent a new drive.

I have reinstalled Outlook 2007 on the new drive, but I am unable to
establish an email connection. I have checked and rechecked the user ID,
password and server names. I have tried to connect with the Norton 360
firewall turned off. No success.

My license is a single use copy. I am wondering, if Outlook won't connect
because it has been installed on a new hard drive with a different serial
number. If so, how do I get microsoft to allow it? If not, what else can I
try to get my email connection working? Could it be a firewall issue?

This machine is running Vista Business.

I have a 2nd question. I am still able to read many files on the old hard
drive. Is there anyway I can get my outlook settings from the old drive and
install them on the new? or do I just have to set everything up again from
scratch? I am not talking about the pst. I was able to recover it.

Thanks for any help.