Old April 2nd 06, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bill Snow

Default Restoring .dbx news files

Thanks Jim,
I am able to copy the old discussion group files to the current OE.dbx
location and they display as long as I am off line. Once I go online it
downloads new messages and the original ones just vaporize

I have another problem with mail that freezes my computer. Will do a new
post with that subject..

Bill

"Jim Pickering" wrote in message
No, newsgroups are not recoverable without a lot of effort and strict
adherence to a particular process.

You cannot "restore" old DBX newsgroup files and expect them to be
recognized by Outlook Express. Newsgroup subscriptions and the associated
DBX files for them are keyed to specific identities and those that are
readable in one identity are not readable in another identity unless you
have "cloned" your system as outlined at this website:
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/bu_full.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.
Thanks.

"Bill Snow" wrote in message
Does the information given the last few days apply to trying to recover
corrupt news group file as well? When I tried to follow the import
procedures I did not get offered newsgroups to copy to, only "Inbox,

Send
Items, etc.

Bill Snow