Old June 18th 09, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Default Can not open Outlook due to connection to other users resource, I think...

Kelvin wrote:
When I close the dialog box I get this message:
Microsoft Office Outlook
Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange
Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems
or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

Just delete this mail profile and create a new one.

"Kelvin" wrote in message
I have an issue with Outlook 2003, on XP Pro connecting to Exchange
2007. When I open Outlook it prompts me for the password to a user I had
accessed or somehow connected to.
The Dialog box says Connect to Echange.domain.local at the top.
Then is has a user name domain\marketingdept.
I thought this issue might be because the password on the
marketingdept account had expired so I changed the passwork for the
user marketingdept and entered the new password in this box that
pops up when I open Outlook. I've recreated the Mail profile at
least three times, but I still can't get past this dialog box.
If I cancel the box, Outlook doesn't open.

I have a spare PC and have configure Outlook on that PC and Outlook
works fine.
Is there a way to reset some part of Outlook to get it to forget
about marketingdept info?

Any help would be apprecitated!

Kelvin