Old June 6th 09, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Target Drone

Default Outlook 2007/Vista 64/ "Cannot open the Outlook Window"

Thank you very, very much!

I don't know why the "Office diagnostics" can't solve this, nor why so many
people seem to be hitting this bug recently (perhaps a Vista 64 update made
it hiccup?) But whatever, you found the magic and shared it with the rest of
us, so thanks again!

John

"Dan Thomas" wrote:

... UNTIL I ran Outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Clears and regenerates the Navigation Pane for the current profile. Removes
all Shortcuts and Favorite Folders. Has the same effect as deleting
profilename.xml in your user directory.

After this, I was able to get back into outlook!