Old May 14th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
NormanM

Default Forwarded Emails Outlook Express 6

On Thu, 14 May 2009 05:46:01 -0700, Branch wrote:

Several months ago I accessed my Outlook Express account from another
computer. I have just learned that all my emails - including those closed,
saved and stored in various folders - are being sent to that computer. Does
anyone know how I can stop this?

"Outlook Express" accounts (what a strange concept!) are local to the
machine that Outlook Express is running on. If you set up Outlook Express on
another computer to fetch email from a POP3 server, Outlook Express on that
computer will continue to fetch that email until it is removed from that
computer, or disabled on that computer. It is accessing the POP3 email
account you asked it to access, and will, like the Sorcerer's apprentice's
helper (the broom he animated, and then chopped into pieces because he
didn't know the stop spell?), continue to do so until told to stop. And the
POP3 protocol defaults to deleting email from the server on download.

Try and separate the concept of "client", which is what MS Outlook Express
is, from "email account", which is what MS Outlook Express accesses. And
understand that only the IMAP, or HTTPMail protocols (which your email
service provider may not offer), allow client access from multiple computers
in multiple locations.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come