Old March 31st 06, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Flemming Paalsson

Default Want Outlook not to send my mail as soon as it hits the outbox

On 30-03-2006 17:35:57, "Flemming Paalsson" wrote:
On 30-03-2006 15:10:39, Christian Goeller wrote:
-, you wrote on Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:30:50 +0200:

Earlier on there was a checkbox in the Outlook program, where if checked
outgoing mail would be in the outbox until a send/retrieve action was carried
out. I miss this feature, because then i have a 5 minute period to make
alterations to my mail etc., and also avoid sending unfinished mails just
because i accidentally hit the "send" button.

I've now looked and looked though in my Outlook2002, and can't find out where
I probably should be able to find a checking mark, so therefore I now turn to
this newsgroup in the hope that somebody can help me.

You find this option under

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup

and there besides the Send/Receive-Button.

Of course.. It makes sense.. I just thought about the function as when it
started up - but it's a general action.. Thank you so much for your help
Christian - it is very much appreciated !

Many kind regards

Flemming

I've now unchecked the radio button, but now it also cancels the automatic
send/recieve every five minutes that I still would like to have enabled. I
just don't want to have my mails sent immediately, but just pretty fast
afterwards - also because I want the comp to automatically send and recieve
without me having to push send/recieve all the time...

Can you be of further assistance Christian ? Anyone else ?

Many regards and thank you in advance :-)

Flemming Paalsson