Old January 16th 09, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom Koch[_2_]

Default Scanning e-mail

I wrote an article years ago for Microsoft's web site about file corruption
in Outlook Express. I explained all about email scanning and why it is not
necessary. It's still on their web site, and was approved by both the OE
team and (more importantly) the MS legal department.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...ion.mspx#EOAAC

--
Tom Koch
Awareness is free.

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in message
What's so "bizarre" about my original comments? All the experts here
recommend turning off/disabling e-mail scanning and I remarked that it
would be unlikely for the AV suppliers to recommend that but it would help
if other vendors like Microsoft would, and I wondered what MS's stance
was.

DAS (Mr)

---
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
I merely cited it in response to Ms Dori's bizarre comment to illustrate
that MS has referred to disabling email scanning.

[...]