Old November 27th 08, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Attachments only open in safe mode

BobS wrote:

VanguardLH wrote ...

BobS wrote:

Diane Poremsky wrote ...

BobSwrote ...

One of the computers in our office can only open attachments in safe
mode. Windows XP & Outlook 2007.

what other addins are installed? Go to tools, trust center, addins to
see.

Active Add-ins:
Windows Search Email Indexer

Any file indexing program can lockup the database file(s) used by
Outlook. That includes Microsoft's Search. Uninstall it to see if it
causes the problem, or configure it to NOT include indexing of e-mail
contents. Then retest.

I disabled the Windows Search Email Indexer and the Business Contact Manager
for Outlook, which he wasn't using anyway, and all is well. He can now open
attachments in the normal mode. Thank you for your assistance.

My bet is on the indexing service (Microsoft Search).