Old November 12th 08, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Importing OE messages

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express.

See: Importing from Outlook Express under the Windows Mail section he
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

Visit the Windows Mail Newsgroup for more specific advice.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Paul Phillips" pfphillips wrote in message
Sorry. What happened was this. I copied the relevant OE files on one
computer (using Windows Explorer), and transferred them to my laptop. I am
now a long way from home with only my laptop. I can't seem to import the
files into the Vista version of OE. Isn't there a workaround solution, so
that I can access the email messages?

Thanks.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Define: "different copy of OE". A different identity? Another machine?
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Paul Phillips" pfphillips
wrote in message
Is there any way to import OE messages directly from their existing
format into a different copy of OE (after closing down the first one,
obviously)?

Thanks.