Old November 11th 08, 07:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
DEI

Default Link To Outlook Address Book Slow

Greetings,

I would like the display names in an Outlook global address list to be
available in a combo box on a form in MS Access. I have created a linked
table to the
Outlook Global Address list in the database, and am referencing the table in
the form, but it operates at an unacceptably slow speed. I can select the
names, but the autocomplete takes minutes find the name.

Is there some way of retrieving these values from the Outlook object model
programmatically so that it runs much faster? I would ultimately like for
the user to be able to select a name from the list.

Incidentally, I can retrive AddressEntries properties via the Outlook Object
model, but I get the warning message each tim the code tried to retirve a
proprty (i.e. name, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

DEI