Old October 14th 08, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
BigDubb

Default Guidance

Yesterday I was approached by our training department to implement a new
methodology regarding meetings. They would like the Appointment form
modified to support additional information:
- Assign users (attendees) to roles, selectable from a Combobox.
- Choose a specific type of Meeting and have that drive the category of the
appointment.
- Select multiple outcomes for a meeting
- A grid of topics, facilitators and time allocated to those topics
- Indicator of any additional items to bring

Initially I went down the thought of a simple modification to the
appointment form, creating my own fields etc. in a newly defined region on
the form. I encountered some problems here as I am not able to trap on
events, i.e. Recipients.Changed cannot be listened to by another object to
update the combo box for role assignment. Secondly, I can't modify the
default layout at all to facilitate the new controls.

After digging a little further I came across this example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226710.aspx but have some other
concerns, i.e. it's built on VS2005. shouldn't this be built using VS2008. It
does provide the full functionality we are hoping to exploit, i.e. adding a
new pane on the side for information, and some ribbon controls etc. But
the further I dive into this time considerations are becoming a greater
concern.

So, this all being said, does anyone have any recommendations on a best
approach, that has the highest likelihood of completion by Friday. I think I
may be able to get the latter to work, but the implementation, and
referencing of custom fields on an appointment have me concerned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.