Old September 6th 08, 09:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default Can OE6 block my outgoing messages, calling them SPAM?

I did regain my sending ability by deleting the first message that apparently caused the problem. I've tried twice to
speak with Charter techs but they only refer me to Microsoft, since they deny that the error message is a Charter.com
error message...even when I pointed out that this error message is listed on www.charter.com/postmaster.

Charter does have an email address to deal with this problem. But requires that I send them the
unaltered original blocked message, or they won't review my problem. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to do this
with IE6. If someone can show me how, I can pursue this further. I'd like to try this before I ask for a Level 2 tech.

jc

"jbclem" wrote in message ...
A week ago I lost the ability to send email messages(or replies). Every message I attempt to send produces this

error
message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject ' [ #ALQ-89819-785]: how to stop balloon warning', Account:

'pop.charter.net',
Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Message identified as SPAM - Please visit
http://www.charter.com/postmaster', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

The message seems to point me to my ISP, and the error 550 is on the charter.com/postmaster error list. But I can

send
messages from my email account on the charter.net web site, and also from my other computer on this LAN. And
Charter.com tech support tell me that this is an OE6 error message and anyway they don't support OE6.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this. I've tried google, but not luck so far although plenty of persons have had
the same problem.

jc