Old July 3rd 08, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Default "Could not connect to server" error when accessing Outlook 200

LindaD wrote:

For whatever reason, I had to enable SSL for both POP and SMTP to get
it working. Perhaps when you connect via RDP, you have to use SSL.
In any event once SSL was enabled, it would work. I also did have to
import our server's self-signed certificates because I would get the
following message in Outlook.

Remote Desktop Connection shouldn't be a factor. As far as the machine
where Outlook is installed is concerned, it shouldn't care whether the
person is actually at the keyboard or using Terminal Services to connect.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]