Old May 4th 08, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Scott S

Default Recover Outlook 2003 PST File in Outlook 2007

Background:

Several weeks ago the RAID 0 array on my home computer crashed (hard drive
failure) and my motherboard setup would not allow me to boot, even with the
RAID array disconnected. I was running MS Office 2003 Pro with Windows XP
(fully updated). Because the computer (home built) was ready to be replaced
anyway, I did so.

The replacement computer is running Windows Vista (32 bit) fully updated and
Office 2007 Pro.

I was able to place the C hardrive and a secondary harddrive (not part of
the RAID 0 array) in enclosures and can access the data, although not the
programs or certain items on the C drive listed as "protected." I was also
able to access an external harddrive with some backup data.

PST files from Outlook 2003, but these backups did not contain the most
recent data. I can see the most recent PST files on the old C drive (now:
I:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst) from the Office 2003 installation. When
I attempt to import the PST files, I receive the message, "File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
I:\Documents and Settings\.......

Help needed:
I would like to obtain the most recent information on my account contained
in these PST files. How do I gain access to the files?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!
--
Scott S